The Facade Improvement Program encourages commercial building owners in Business Improvement Areas to invest in façade renovations and storefront improvements by providing matching grants to cover a portion of renovation costs.
This program is intended to:
- Make city streets a more inviting and interesting place to walk and shop
- Help building owners attract and retain tenants
- Build civic pride among the local business community
- Contribute to the quality of life of residents, workers and visitors
- Improve the marketability of the local business area
Exterior improvements funded by the program help businesses make a better first impression, showcase merchandise and services, and attract new customers.
Available Financial Incentives
The following Façade Improvement Program matching grant financial incentives may be available to property owners in Business Improvement Areas and other Council supported initiative areas:
- A reimbursement grant up to 50% of eligible construction costs to a maximum amount of $30,000 per building façade.
- A reimbursement grant up to 50% of eligible construction costs to a maximum amount of $60,000 on a corner building. The corner building must have at least two façades facing a public road right-of-way, and the improvements must significantly enhance the pedestrian street view on each façade.
- Facade Information Package
- Facade Application
- Summary Report of All Questions Dovercourt
- Summary Report of All Questions Inglewood
- Summary Report of All Questions Prince Charles
- Summary Report of All Questions Sherbrooke
- Summary Report of All Questions Westmount